When I saw a potential client’s website I had to convince them to let me make it over. The old site was made by a relative using Godaddy’s old website builder. It was bad.
I performed a site audit and found the following problems:
- No call to action on home page
- What color palette is this??
- Typography is horrible.
- No Call To Action button
- No reviews on home page
- Home page is just a photo slideshow and is slow to load
- Need to optimize images
- Color palette is very amateurish
- Needs business hours
- No internal link structure
- No page title, meta description, h1s or h2s
- “serving vallejo…” in bold with no keywords used
- No alt text on images
- Not indexed with Google
- Country not set
- No links pointing to site. need citation building actions
- No schema markup on page
- needs secured ssl on host
- Good news…no error codes!
- Embed review video on home page
- No logo
- No xml sitemap found
- Very little content
- Almost no keywords on site
- Set up OpenGraph for social shares
I’m sure there was more wrong with the site than I listed here (like no backlinks, etc) but it definitely looks SIGNIFICANTLY better and will perform much better for the client! I made the new site, ironically, using Godaddy’s new GoCentral website builder. It was very easy to use and I had the site done in about three hours. I still need to optimize it using their SEO tools (which I like a lot). Next I need to set up a email campaign for them as they have almost no marketing other than referrals.