Google Ranking Factors in 2018
- Google is indexing mobile sites first
- Fast load time. Use google page speed test to check your site.
- Make sure it is rendering properly on different size screens
- Implement Schema Markup. This is coded into a website and is a plugin for several platforms.
- UX and bounce rates. One has to implement google analytics and google search console
- Time spent on page. Use Google Analytics and Google Search Console metrics.
- Heat map to see where your users are going
- Reviews are huge part of the algorithm. Everyone needs to actively be soliciting reviews and display on the site.
- Social signals, do people share your content?
- Updating your site frequently with content. Due to the Panda update, content is king. Video and or written.
- Scan for duplicate content on your site as it’s a penalty
- Are you an authority in your industry? Participate in forums and blogs.
- Hyperlocal citations for showing up in local search results.
- Long form content ranks best with 2500-3000 word posts
- Use graphics, images and video on your site.
Download the Google Search Engine Optimization Guide
Some excellent SEO Tools we use to check websites
Open Site Explorer
Keyword Difficulty Checker
Mozbar Chrome Extension
SERPTrends SEO Extension
Stylish Chrome Extension
Structured Data Testing Tool
ONLINE SEO TOOLS
WP PLUGINS FOR SEO