Here’s my top five tips you help you get off the couch and creating great video marketing content to engage your prospects
1. Keep it short. We have the attention span of a gnat, so keep it under 2 minutes. YouTube ruthlessly punishes videos that people bail on before they end.
2. Use good lighting. Always light from behind the camera. Sun shine should be on the faces of your people. Or, use a lamp to light ‘em up.
3. Use a microphone for better audio. Don’t rely on your smart phone microphone. It’s crap. Use a very inexpensive lavalier microphone, or even better, a shotgun or boom microphone to record your subjects. Poor audio is pretty common and makes people bounce!
4. Get a tripod. It’s really hard to watch videos that bounce around, and there’s a ton of selfie sticks. Mono pods, $20 tripods out there that it’s not ok to not use one.
5. Keywords work. Do a little research and find out what people are searching for. If you don’t know how to do that hire someone like me who does. Use the keywords in your script, and description.
Hot tip: Go to thrift stores and Saturday garage sales to find video production equipment. People are always selling cameras, lamps, tripods, selfie sticks, and the like. You don’t have to break your bank!
There’s plenty of other great advice for making business video available for free in podcasts and on YouTube. You can do all the research and take the time to do this yourself, or you could hire a knowledgeable pro like myself. But know this…time’s a wastin’!